Friday, May 16, 2014

For Aslan!

Done with the Narnia Project! So here is the final:

Sorry the quality is so bad, I promise it looks better in person!

So this was a lot of fun to do. It was one of my first collaborative art pieces, and it was wonderful. My entire group laughed so much and had a ball trying to figure everything out. There were some frustrating times, like when kids would smear the chalk and wipe it off. But the experience was awesome. I wasn't the one in charge, which is odd because I usually am for things concerning art. I think this was really good for me, though. It let me focus on details, and it pushed me way out of my comfort zone. I wasn't in charge, I've never used chalk, and even the style of the drawing was so vastly different from my own. I also had to take critique from the other kids, which didn't bother me, but it was cool to see how people's opinions of how things should look were different and how we resolved it.

In the picture, you can see Aslan, Mr. Tumnus, Beaver, and a few other creatures. They actually have a shocking amount of detail. The trees, too, are really detailed. It was over all just a cool thing to be involved in.

No comments:

Post a Comment